This is the frontpage of the Clinton Hill archives. Currently the archives are spanning 47 posts and 41 comments, contained within the meager confines of categories. Through here, you will be able to move down into the archives by way of time or category. If you are looking for something specific, perhaps you should try the search on the sidebar.
- Donald Trump Is Sworn In as President, Capping His Swift Ascent January 21, 2017Donald J. Trump was inaugurated as the 45th president of the United States after one of the most divisive election campaigns in modern times.
- Inauguration Briefing: Donald Trump Inauguration: A Day of Ceremony, Protests and Celebration January 21, 2017Donald J. Trump took the oath of office, and the White House’s policies on the web changed instantly. The Obama era is over on WhiteHouse.gov and beyond.
- Inauguration Protesters and Police Clash on Washington’s Streets January 21, 2017A resistance has descended on the capital as Donald J. Trump takes office, prompting officers, some in riot gear, to employ crowd-dispersing sprays.
- Miguel Ferrer, Celebrated as a Film and TV Tough Guy, Dies at 61 January 21, 2017Mr. Ferrer had recently reprised his role as the F.B.I. forensics expert Albert Rosenfield in a revival of “Twin Peaks,” which is to start in May.
- U.S. Prosecutors Outline Case Against Mexican Drug Lord El Chapo January 21, 2017A detention memo contends that Joaquín Guzmán Loera transformed the narcotics trade, deploying savagery and the corrupting force of unchecked profits.
- From the Forum: Adding a Rear Extension to a Brownstone January 20, 2017A reader is considering adding an extension to their brownstone and is looking for advice on any issues that they might encounter. They need to renovate the garden floor apartment and are hoping to extend the back wall of the house at the same time. They are contemplating adding a… Read More > The post […]
- Two Flips and Two Beach-Adjacent Houses to See This Weekend, Starting at $2.1 Million January 20, 2017Seekers of budget properties, this is not your week: All of our open house picks crack the $2 million mark, one exceeds $3 million. Beyond the common thread of hefty price tags, they're a diverse bunch: a newly constructed townhouse and renovated brownstone in Bed Stuy, a Victorian three-family in… Read More > The post […]
- Brooklyn Real Estate Listings Six Months Later: Two Sold, One in Contract January 20, 2017This week, we're taking a look at some of our featured listings from last July to see how they fared on the market. First up, this two-family house on Bainbridge Street has some original detail, and the potential to be a nice single-family residence, or duplex-plus-rental. It’s currently being used as… Read More > The […]
- In the Gilded Age Playground of Tuxedo Park, an 1886 Colonial Revival Mansion Asks $1.92 Million January 20, 2017A planned community for the wealthy, Tuxedo Park was developed in the 1880s as a country playground for the Gilded Age, with massive "cottages" nestled into the foot of the Ramapo Mountains in Orange County, N.Y. Using family land and his tobacco fortune, Pierre Lorillard IV, along with his architect… Read More > The post […]
- Daily Links: Pushback Against Eye-Popping Home Prices in Heights, Proposed Vinegar Hill Build January 20, 2017In the News PLG: The Last Affordable Brooklyn Neighborhood With Park Views [NYP] Vinegar Hillians Say No to Proposed Nine-Story Apartment Building [BK Paper] Weigh In on Plan to Reverse Traffic for a Block of Bond Street [BK Paper] High Prices Stifling Sales in Brownstone Brooklyn [WSJ] Bridge Park's Pier 5 Uplands Rendering Unveiled [Curbed] […]