This is the frontpage of the Clinton Hill archives. Currently the archives are spanning 47 posts and 41 comments, contained within the meager confines of categories. Through here, you will be able to move down into the archives by way of time or category. If you are looking for something specific, perhaps you should try the search on the sidebar.
- Tuesday Blogwrap April 15, 2014Teaser Site out for 210-Unit Greenpoint Development at 1133 Manhattan Avenue [BBH] The Bergen Tile Building Is Gone [Park Slope Stoop] See Films by Ditmas Parkers, in Theaters and From the Comfort of Home [Ditmas Park Corner] Brooklyn Church Fires Being Investigated as Hate Crime, Police Say [DNAinfo] Get Your Grilled Cheese Fix at The Wheelhouse’s Grand Ope […]
- Closing Bell: Suit Alleges Landlord Forcing out Black Tenants in Favor of Whites April 15, 2014Tenants at Homewood Gardens Estates in East Flatbush claim their landlord is trying to push them out in favor of white tenants willing to pay higher rents, according to a lawsuit filed in federal court. The suit alleges that landlords Yeshaya Wasserman, Shay Wasserman and Yitzchok Rambod ignored repair requests, forced evictions and offered cash buyouts, the […]
- Building of the Day: 1301 Grand Street April 15, 2014Brooklyn, one building at a time. Name: Charles J. King Iron and Scrap, formerly Louis Bossert & Son Co. Address: 1301 Grand Street Cross Streets: Gardner Avenue and New Town Creek Neighborhood: Bushwick Year Built: Unknown Architectural Style: Eclectic factory Architect: Unknown Landmarked: No The story: Louis Bossert was a lumber man. He was one of the […]
- Mayfield to Open Bar and Garden Serving Mexican Food in Bed Stuy April 15, 2014Popular Crown Heights eatery Mayfield plans to open a bar with backyard garden and taco truck at 323 Franklin Avenue, according to DNAinfo. There will be tacos, tortas and weekly specials such as roast pig and pozole. There will also be movie nights for kids with films projected on the rear wall. Community Board 3 plans to support the restaurant’s applicatio […]
- House of the Day: 25 Moffat Street April 15, 2014This flip in the farthermost reaches of Bushwick has somewhat better than average finishes, including white subway tile, flat (not routed) white kitchen cupboards and vintage style lighting. The plumbing is all new, as are the floors, kitchens and baths. The owner left the mantels and exposed the brick. There is also a deck and parking in the front yard. It’ […]