This is the frontpage of the Clinton Hill archives. Currently the archives are spanning 47 posts and 41 comments, contained within the meager confines of categories. Through here, you will be able to move down into the archives by way of time or category. If you are looking for something specific, perhaps you should try the search on the sidebar.
- Goodbye, The Local. Hello, The Nabe May 15, 2013After four years of work in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill, this is the last week of publication at The Local. But there's a fresh start over at The Nabe.
- The Day: Citi Bike Memberships, Bike Basics and Credit Repair May 15, 2013In today's Fort Greene and Clinton Hill morning news wrap get info on Citi Bike, cycling classes and Council Member Letitia James' credit cleaning event.
- The Day: BAM for Kids and the Art of Brooklyn Film Festival May 14, 2013Get news about Fort Greene and Clinton Hill in our daily roundup, including the Brooklyn Academy of Music's summer slate of youth-oriented programs and the third annual Art of Brooklyn Film Festival coming to St. Joseph's College in Clinton Hill.
- The Day: Artisan Market, Pratt Exhibition and a Recording Studio May 13, 2013In today's daily post, you'll find news on the spring opening of the Fort Greene Artisan Market, a Pratt Institute student artwork display at a Gagosian Gallery in Manhattan and a new recording studio in the nabe.
- Crime Report: A Deli Theft, Unauthorized Bank Activity and Home Burglaries May 10, 2013In this crime report, locals told police that their belongings were stolen from cars and trucks, their homes were burglarized and their bank accounts were used in unauthorized ways. Also, disputes between significant others resulted in violence and robberies last week. The trend of robberies on the B38 bus continued last week, with another incident […]
- Tuesday Blogwrap January 27, 2015New York Area Faulted for Overreacting to Snowstorm [WSJ] Save Pier Six “Town Hall” Draws Enthusiastic Crowd; Save The View Now Gets Times Coverage [BHB] Brooklyn Bridge Park CAC Meeting Postponed [BHB] Beautiful Blizzard in the Bay: Photos From Winter Storm Juno [Sheepshead Bites] Photos: A Very Gentle “Monster Storm” [PMFA] Daily Newser Straps on Skis for Snowy Commute From Crown Heights [NY Daily News] Cops […]
- Closing Bell: Brooklyn for Sale: The Price of Gentrification, a Community Town Hall January 27, 2015BRIC’s television channel, Brooklyn Independent Media, is hosting a town hall on gentrification tomorrow evening and inviting experts, politicians, activists and urban planners to weigh in on how rapid economic development is transforming Brooklyn. “Where do market forces and policy need to meet so that we can preserve the integrity of our diverse borough?” asks the […]
- Building of the Day: 155 Hancock Street January 27, 2015Brooklyn, one building at a time. Name: Row house Address: 155 Hancock Street Cross Streets: Nostrand and Marcy Avenues Neighborhood: Bedford Stuyvesant Year Built: 1882, with alteration in 1890 Architectural Style: Neo-Grec, with Queen Anne additions Architect: Parfitt Brothers, with alterations by Withers & Dickson Other Buildings by Architect: Parfitts- row houses in this group, […]
- Bed-Vyne Cocktail Opening Soon January 27, 2015The latest in the Bed-Vyne mini-empire, Bed-Vyne Cocktail, is getting ready to open at 305 Halsey Street in the old Mac’s Landing spot any day now. When we ran into one of the owners two weeks ago, he said they were planning to “soft open” at the end of the month. The official opening night […]
- House of the Day: 849 Belmont Avenue January 27, 2015This two-family wood frame with a porch at 849 Belmont Avenue in East New York is one of the cuter houses for sale right now we haven’t already written about, and you can’t beat the price. It appears to be in move-in condition, with all new mechanicals. And even though it’s recently renovated and has […]