This is the frontpage of the Clinton Hill archives. Currently the archives are spanning 47 posts and 41 comments, contained within the meager confines of categories. Through here, you will be able to move down into the archives by way of time or category. If you are looking for something specific, perhaps you should try the search on the sidebar.
- Goodbye, The Local. Hello, The Nabe May 15, 2013After four years of work in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill, this is the last week of publication at The Local. But there's a fresh start over at The Nabe.
- The Day: Citi Bike Memberships, Bike Basics and Credit Repair May 15, 2013In today's Fort Greene and Clinton Hill morning news wrap get info on Citi Bike, cycling classes and Council Member Letitia James' credit cleaning event.
- The Day: BAM for Kids and the Art of Brooklyn Film Festival May 14, 2013Get news about Fort Greene and Clinton Hill in our daily roundup, including the Brooklyn Academy of Music's summer slate of youth-oriented programs and the third annual Art of Brooklyn Film Festival coming to St. Joseph's College in Clinton Hill.
- The Day: Artisan Market, Pratt Exhibition and a Recording Studio May 13, 2013In today's daily post, you'll find news on the spring opening of the Fort Greene Artisan Market, a Pratt Institute student artwork display at a Gagosian Gallery in Manhattan and a new recording studio in the nabe.
- Crime Report: A Deli Theft, Unauthorized Bank Activity and Home Burglaries May 10, 2013In this crime report, locals told police that their belongings were stolen from cars and trucks, their homes were burglarized and their bank accounts were used in unauthorized ways. Also, disputes between significant others resulted in violence and robberies last week. The trend of robberies on the B38 bus continued last week, with another incident […]
- One Thing Not to Forget When You Go on Vacation May 4, 2016[sponsored_by name="Gotham Brokerage Co., Inc" url="http://gothambrokerage.com/" logo="http://brooklynbased.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Gotham-Logo-Final1.png" byline="Let Gotham show you how getting NYC apartment insurance is fast, friendly, affordable, and easy." attribution_name="BlankSlate" attribution_url="http://www.blankslate.com/"] There's nothing worse than realizing, while you're on vacation, that you might have forgotten something when you were leaving the house. Did you close the fridge? Lock the… Read More > The […]
- Historic Brooklyn Architecture Photos We Love May 4, 2016Here's a roundup of some of our favorite Instagram photos of historic architecture in Brooklyn. They represent some of the best-loved styles of the 19th and 20th centuries, both residential and commercial. You'll see everything from Greek Revival brick townhouses in Brooklyn Heights to a grand Renaissance Revival commercial building in… Read More > The […]
- Bed Stuy Home Values Jumped 194 Percent Since 2004, Highest Increase in Country May 4, 2016It's no surprise that prices for single family homes in Bed Stuy have risen dramatically over the past decade, but a new analysis from the Washington Post throws the numbers into stark relief. Tripling in value in the past decade, home prices in Brooklyn's 11216 zip code -- which covers the… Read More > The […]
- Fairway’s Bankruptcy Doesn’t Mean the End of Red Hook’s Beloved Grocery Store May 4, 2016The rumors are all true. Fairway Market -- the beloved gourmet grocery chain -- filed for bankruptcy earlier this week. But before you panic at the thought of supermarket Armageddon, know that the company's financial troubles shouldn't affect your experience in the aisles. In fact, Fairway told Crain's that all 15 locations will… Read More > The […]
- Morning Links: New Ferry Service Could Increase Air Pollution in Fort Greene, Navy Yard May 4, 2016In the News Fairway's Bankruptcy Doesn't Mean the End of Red Hook Branch [Crain's] Warning of Brooklyn Voter Purge Dates Back Weeks [WNYC] Historic Photos of Nathan's Hot Dogs, Celebrating 100 Years [Gothamist] Get NYC's Best Nachos at Prospect Heights' El Atoradero [Gothamist] Rare Footage of Loew’s Oriental, Lost Bensonhurst Theatre [Bensonhurst Bean] Citywide Ferry Service Could […]