This is the frontpage of the Clinton Hill archives. Currently the archives are spanning 47 posts and 41 comments, contained within the meager confines of categories. Through here, you will be able to move down into the archives by way of time or category. If you are looking for something specific, perhaps you should try the search on the sidebar.
- Goodbye, The Local. Hello, The Nabe May 15, 2013After four years of work in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill, this is the last week of publication at The Local. But there's a fresh start over at The Nabe.
- The Day: Citi Bike Memberships, Bike Basics and Credit Repair May 15, 2013In today's Fort Greene and Clinton Hill morning news wrap get info on Citi Bike, cycling classes and Council Member Letitia James' credit cleaning event.
- The Day: BAM for Kids and the Art of Brooklyn Film Festival May 14, 2013Get news about Fort Greene and Clinton Hill in our daily roundup, including the Brooklyn Academy of Music's summer slate of youth-oriented programs and the third annual Art of Brooklyn Film Festival coming to St. Joseph's College in Clinton Hill.
- The Day: Artisan Market, Pratt Exhibition and a Recording Studio May 13, 2013In today's daily post, you'll find news on the spring opening of the Fort Greene Artisan Market, a Pratt Institute student artwork display at a Gagosian Gallery in Manhattan and a new recording studio in the nabe.
- Crime Report: A Deli Theft, Unauthorized Bank Activity and Home Burglaries May 10, 2013In this crime report, locals told police that their belongings were stolen from cars and trucks, their homes were burglarized and their bank accounts were used in unauthorized ways. Also, disputes between significant others resulted in violence and robberies last week. The trend of robberies on the B38 bus continued last week, with another incident […]
- From the Forum: Oops, I Got Lead Paint Dust Everywhere! Now What? June 29, 2016A Brownstoner reader did some sanding in her nearly 100-year-old house without realizing there may have been lead in the paint. With dust everywhere, she wants to know: What's the best way to clean up this mess without putting anyone at risk for lead poisoning? Two commenters suggest wiping up the… Read More > The […]
- Landmarked French Neo-Grec Brownstone in Bed Stuy With Details, Potential Wants $2 Million June 29, 2016This landmarked brownstone at 114 MacDonough Street in Bedford Stuyvesant has no shortage of grandeur but looks as though it could benefit from a thorough updating, even though it may well be in move-in condition, going by the photos. Built in 1890 and likely designed by noted Brooklyn architect Amzi… Read More > The post […]
- How Much for a Studio in Brooklyn? 5 Options Starting at $1,350 a Month June 29, 2016Tired of roommates and want to see how far your budget will go for a studio apartment in Brooklyn? We've rounded up five studio apartments in a range of neighborhoods and prices. From $1,350 to $1,600, you'll find options in central and southern Brooklyn. In coveted neighborhoods south and west of… Read More > The […]
- Daily Links: Rent Board OKs Second Year of Rent Freeze June 29, 2016In the News Some Rent-Stabilized NYC Apartments Get Rent Freeze for Second Year [NYT] Brooklyn Jury: Emigrant Savings Bank Discriminated Against Minorities [NYT] Freek’s Mill in Gowanus Spins Romance Near a Superfund Site [NYT] Cobble Hill’s Youngest Business Owners Open New Comics Store [BK Mag] Sharks Coming Closer to Brooklyn Beaches, Experts Say [BK Daily] […]
- And If You Believe That, I Have a Bridge to Sell You: The Men Who Sold the Brooklyn Bridge June 28, 2016You may or may not have heard the well-known phrase, "If you believe that, then I've got a bridge to sell you." But are you familiar with the details of the conniving con men and the swindles that inspired it? The swindler is just as timeless a New York character as… Read More > The […]