This is the frontpage of the Clinton Hill archives. Currently the archives are spanning 47 posts and 41 comments, contained within the meager confines of categories. Through here, you will be able to move down into the archives by way of time or category. If you are looking for something specific, perhaps you should try the search on the sidebar.
- Spain's Socialists Vote to End Political Impasse October 23, 2016Spain's Socialist party voted Sunday to stop blocking the conservative Popular Party from forming a minority government, setting the stage to end the country's nearly 10-month political impasse.
- Obama Assists 150 State Candidates, Targeting G.O.P.’s Grip on Legislatures October 23, 2016Republicans control most statehouse chambers, but with Donald J. Trump stumbling, Democrats hope for down-ballot gains in Minnesota, Colorado, Nevada and elsewhere.
- On Baseball: Cubs Banish Decades of Anguish From Wrigley October 23, 2016The Cubs will play in their first World Series in 71 years filled with confidence, a feeling not usually associated with the franchise.
- Police Investigating Deadly Explosions North of Tokyo October 23, 2016One person was confirmed dead and three injured in a series of explosions in a parking lot and nearby park on Sunday morning in Utsunomiya, Japan.
- AT&T, Chicago Cubs and Mosul: Your Weekend Briefing October 23, 2016Here’s what you need to know about the week’s top stories.
- Top 10 Brooklyn Real Estate Listings: From an 1824 Federal to a Contemporary With a Smart Toilet October 23, 2016Among our most popular listings this week were several notable properties. A contemporary new-construction townhouse in Wallabout got lots of looks, presumably for its many unusual features, including a snow-melting system and a smart toilet/bidet. Also favored was a classic Prospect Lefferts Gardens brownstone with outstanding woodwork and lots of other… Read More > The […]
- Top 5 Stories on Brownstoner: Affordable Housing Gets Attention, Art Cozies Up a Loft October 22, 2016Lottery Now Open for Hundreds of Affordable Units in East New York, Starting at $494 a Month The lottery for a slew of newly constructed affordable housing units opened in July at Gateway Elton III, the third and final phase of East New York’s award-winning Gateway Elton affordable housing complex. Gateway… Read More > The […]
- From the Forum: How Do You Clear an Environmental Control Board Notice of Violation? October 21, 2016A reader has some questions about how to clear an Environmental Control Board (ECB) notice of violation after some plumbing work. (The Department of Buildings and other city agencies can issue an ECB notice when a home violates safety rules; the Environmental Control Board is an administrative tribunal that holds… Read More > The post […]
- Untitled October 21, 2016… Read More > The post appeared first on Brownstoner.
- Four Houses to See This Weekend, Including Three Turnkeys and One in Mystery Condition October 21, 2016If brownstones in Bedford Stuyvesant and big freestanding houses in the Ditmas Park vicinity make your heart beat faster, this is your week for open house picks. We've got two in each category, with each pair grouped fairly close together, making it easy to hit two in one trip. Three… Read More > The post […]