This is the frontpage of the Clinton Hill archives. Currently the archives are spanning 47 posts and 41 comments, contained within the meager confines of categories. Through here, you will be able to move down into the archives by way of time or category. If you are looking for something specific, perhaps you should try the search on the sidebar.
- In Washington Pizzeria Attack, Fake News Brought Real Guns December 6, 2016Edgar M. Welch of North Carolina was charged after a shooting at a Washington pizzeria that he thought was harboring young children as sex slaves.
- Governor Cuomo Orders Investigation of Racial Bias in N.Y. State Prisons December 6, 2016Reports in The Times revealed that black inmates were disciplined more than whites. Now, the state will investigate the revelations with an eye toward reform.
- Asia Pacific Edition: Donald Trump, Matteo Renzi, Shinzo Abe: Your Tuesday Briefing December 6, 2016Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
- Mistrial for South Carolina Officer Who Shot Walter Scott December 6, 2016Jurors could not agree on the fate of a North Charleston police officer, Michael T. Slager, in the fatal shooting of Walter L. Scott, an unarmed black man.
- Supreme Court Justice Suspends Brazil’s Senate Leader Amid Graft Case December 6, 2016The ruling to remove Renan Calheiros comes as tensions have escalated between Congress and the judiciary over corruption investigations.
- From the Forum: How to Replicate Steel Frame 1938 Art Moderne Lobby Doors and Windows? December 5, 2016A reader is looking for advice on replacing the lobby and hallway windows in their 1938 co-op building. The steel-framed openings still have the original frosted "chicken wire" safety glass but after years of over-painting the windows are no longer operable. The board is contemplating getting new frames with clear… Read More > The post […]
- Untitled December 5, 2016… Read More > The post appeared first on Brownstoner.
- Crown Heights Italianate Frame House With Marble Mantels, Deep Garden Asks $1.75 Million December 5, 2016This 19th-century Crown Heights frame house is spacious, well maintained and appears to be in move-in shape. At 994 Bergen Street, it is a two-family now being used as a single residence, on an extra-deep lot, with an 88-foot garden. There are some original details intact, including marble mantels, plaster medallions,… Read More > The […]
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks to Kick Off Prospect Park’s 150th Year Anniversary Celebration December 5, 2016Prospect Park will start 2017 and the celebration of its 150th anniversary with a literal bang. The New Year's Eve event will be the 37th for the fireworks display. It will also be the first event in a year of celebrations of the 150th anniversary of the park. In honor of… Read More > The […]
- Meet the Makers Behind Brooklyn’s Best Holiday Gift Guide December 5, 2016Brooklyn is home to some of the best producers of food and design anywhere, and the holidays are a great time to share their creations with your loved ones. The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce has made that task easier, thanks to their Explore Brooklyn Holiday Gift Guide. Produced in partnership with New York… Read More > The […]